Monday, April 14, 2008

Sweet Sixteen

What's Playing In My Ear:"Dance, Dance"-Fall Out Boy
Birthdays rock.
Period.
My friend called me at 6-ish in the AM, I got a kung-fu card from my cousin, had awesome birthday balloons, and found out that I don't have a twin.
I love turning sixteen.
Except when you have a test on volcanic activity on the same day that you were too busy to study for. Oh well, to heck with Earth Science.
I decided that for my birthday I would straighten my hair, put in my contacts, and brush on a bit of makeup, but I did not think that people would have trouble recognizing me. I waved to a group of my friends in the hall, and they had no clue who I was. Geez, am I THAT ugly on a daily basis?
After school, Mum and Dad took me for Japanese birthday lunch. Tempura, sushi, udon soup, mochi.... I was in heaven. Mum and I spent the rest of the day at the mall shopping. She wanted me to pick something out for my birthday, but fashion these days is just horrifying. It's as if the fashion designers want you to look like you dressed in the dark. These clothes would make a blind gay man go "Oh, dear CHRIST!" I still had fun with Mum anyways, we don't spend nearly enough time together.
Since my secular birthday was a half day, I brought in treats today for my Judaic birthday. I figured out how to bake cookies without harming anyone in the process, so I brought some of those for everybody. Erin brought me awesome balloons, and I went through the whole day on cloud nine. :D
Turning sixteen is überly-awesome

No comments:

A RA SHI, A RA SHI, For Dream!

A RA SHI, A RA SHI, For Dream!