Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Place



It's the last day of April. I liked April. I'll miss April.
And with that said...HELLO MONTH OF MAY! :D In Spanish class, we're celebratig Cinco de Mayo on May sixth. Go figure.
This means that there are only about seven weeks left of school until summer holiday! My heart is going doki-doki just thinking about it!
I've decided to try my hand at bento box lunch making. I always wanted to make them, but I never found the time or equipment. After thought and research, I found that just using some Tupperware works just as well as buying a bento box. Plus, Tupperware is washable! :D
For me, today was just one of those days where you wake up crabby and end up yelling at everyone (and feeling guilty about it later). As much as I'd love to rant, I'm short on time, so I'll just type up my latest poem.

There is a special place only for me,
hidden from the world, standing in the mist.
My secret hideaway which no soul can see,
Vast and green, its valley spreads out wide,
my hideout's rivers sparkling like liquid sapphire,
there are tall strong trees with birds inside.
My hidden place is private, I can stay there to think,
I run through the white sand carelessly,
From the forest berries I feast and the clean water I drink.
My little piece of heaven shines high,
with a beautiful sun, a motherly moon,
and bright white clouds in an endless summer sky.
I can't remember how I found this land at all,
the lush landscape is always cloaked,
yet I have come to this valley since I was quite small.
I cannot tell nor can I show,
anyone of this miniature Eden,
For if I do, tragic events shall fall as you could never know.
Anyone can come to my hidden place,
they only need believe,
faith must be hard this days, for no other soul hath shown his face.
This land carries a magic spell,
it gives you the power to understand,
but I cannot express what lessons I learned,
in language, words do not always tell.
Should you wish to visit, you need complete a deed,
you must plant goodness in your fellow man,
a great tree of kindness sprouts from one seed.
So as I lay in the grassy flat,
I wonder who else dwelled here,
this paradise may be the spot where wise old Solomon sat.
But this land is mine, for myself alone,
I come here often, I claimed it as my territory,
this vibrant scenery has become my home.
Should you pass through, do not be scared,
this place of beauty can be shared,
you need only be prepared.

No comments:

A RA SHI, A RA SHI, For Dream!

A RA SHI, A RA SHI, For Dream!