Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Danish Diary Entry no.2

Weather is ok....it's been raining a lot...

Last night we watched a French film of 'The Three Musketeers' with Danish subtitles, so you can imagine how much I actually understood! They do have some BBC programming here, as well as American shows, so it's alright.

I met my grandfather's cousin, her husband, and my step-third cousin (iI don't know if that's even how we're related) who's seven from LA. He was the cutest little chatty thing, reminded me of myself at that age! We went to Horbæk, Helsingør (where Hamlet takes place) and Gilleleje today to shop and walk around, it was a good place to take pictures. The owner of one of the stalls was an Israeli guy selling Danish designer bags, so I got something there (and got my horrible Hebrew criticized...AGAIN.) We also went to a pharmacy, and they have free scales (to encourage healthy weight) and free gum (to help people quit smoking). My morfar made me weigh myself, because he was worried that I wasn't eating enough! Typical Jewish grandparents... We checked ticket prices so I can get a train ticket back from Sweden this weekend.

So we're pan-frying fish for dinner, and then we'll walk my new bonde Danish boyfriend to the beach...Tør needs to stop chewing my ankle, though...it gets annoying!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a good time there :D! Hey Mara, I got an award for you in my blog, i hope you can check it out.

Many hugs for you, cya!

A RA SHI, A RA SHI, For Dream!

A RA SHI, A RA SHI, For Dream!