Monday, August 10, 2009

Danish Diary Entry no.1

So...I'm really here. What a trip it's been so far, but let's start from the beginning...

My flight, the last plane leaving the nternational terminal left O'Hare at 10 PM Central time, so Dad and I made it around 7 PM. We checked in all my crap, but they wouldn't give him a gate pass to walk me through. There was an Royal Jordanian flight leaving that evening too, so the place was swarming with pregnant Muslims! We ate some dinner, then I walked through to security. Leaving Dad was hard, I cried a bit because I've never really done this before.

So I checked myself in, and managed to switch to an aisle seat on an overbooked flight (proof that God exists). When we actually boarded the flight, they took SIX, yes six, headcounts. Some lazy butthole didn't make sure that he was at the right terminal... So we waited almost an hour for this shmo.

As for the flight itself: the toilet made a noise like a gun every time you flushed (and scared me shitless every time), the stewardesses gave me coffee instead of tea, a 2 year-old British kid stole one of my shoes, my neighbor snored, the kosher meals tasted terrible (as expected), and the entire flight was nausiatingly turbulent.

I'd say it was a good plane ride. :D

I only slept for about 2-3 hours of the 8-hour ride, but it was around 1:30 PM Copenhagen time when I arrived, so I felt okay. There were no problems in passkontrol, and my grandparents picked me up as planned. They showed me everything as we drove through the city: kosher butcher, old family-owned shops, cemetaries, etc. We went to the local grocer to pick up some essentials, and back to the house in Drønningmulle.

And there, I met "uncle" Tøre: the half-labrador, half-somethinguberlygigantic doggie. Mormor says he has a crush on me.
I'm expected to take short showers and also not supposed to flush the toilet paper due to plumbing issues.

We spent the afternoon on the porch drinking tea, talking, and shooing Tøre away from the cookies. Now I think I'll watch the news and have a nap.

mmmm~kooken...

No comments:

A RA SHI, A RA SHI, For Dream!

A RA SHI, A RA SHI, For Dream!