Thursday, October 02, 2008

Homecoming = Coming Home? More Like CRAZINESS!

What's Playing In My Ear:"TABOO"-Koda Kumi

It's about time I posted a normal blog...life's just been INSANE!
Wow....What a week.
Homecoming on Saturday night followed by a Sunday bagel-day, and Rosh Hashanah on Tuesday and Wednesday, all followed by a crazy writing deadline. I'm still waiting for my head to stop spinning.
Seriously, people. I need a vacation.
Homecoming was amazing: I actually found something to wear, thanks to mum's habit of saving her old dresses. I had a black dress with gold straps that went well with my sheer cardigan and a string of black pearls finished off with a gigantic purple flower: trés Chanel! I went out to dinner with my galpals, and when we headed to the dance, the party was already in full swing. I saw all my friends, accidentally walked through the Gatorade river, and had an awesome time dancing the night away. I had a splitting migraine and my feet were killing me, so I MUST have had fun! We all went to my friend's house to spend the night, or more accurately, drink too much root beer, watch Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty, and eat goldfish until we passed out from sheer exhaustion. I awoke to the next morning to a headache and unaware of where I wasm kind of like a bad New Year's party. We ate Panera's bagels, had an adventure in the bargain section of Wal-Mart, and spent the day just being our insane selves.
Best.....Homecoming.....EVER.
Then, I had the wonderful opportunity to spend another Rosh Hashanah with my *wonderful* family. It truly is the time I spend during holidays with these people that make me really wish I was adopted. This holiday is essentially like having Thanksgiving four times over a course of two days accompanied by intervals of prayer in synagogue and walking back and forth between the two. The sucky part is that because it is not like Shabbat, I never hang with my homie Gz and end up spending waaaaaay too much time with la familia. You see, how do I explain my family? Every family dinner ends with some conversation regarding:
1) Some disguisting and unmentionable bodily function
2) Why America sucks
3) Grandma's sex life
Dear god, how do I share a gene pool with these people? Really?
Well, I had better get cracking on all of this makeup work. I have to come up with some idea of a podcast, and I need to find a way to make my partner's idea of an "OtakuCast" to work while managing to keep out of cosplay. The impossible? yes. Wish me luck.
I wish my homework was asexual so it could do itself.

No comments:

A RA SHI, A RA SHI, For Dream!

A RA SHI, A RA SHI, For Dream!